Aug 21, 2008

A new phase

"So where do I start?" This was the question I asked myself when I decided to update my blog. Should I start from where I stopped? Or should I resume as if nothing ever happened? I haven't updated in a while ... a long while. However, unlike my blog, I've been far from idle. Within the past few months, I've done several abrupt things. I've decided on a career change, resigned from my nice job, liquidated several assets, gathered my books, compressed my personal belongings into three bags, relocated from my home country, and reported to school. OK, I was able to say that in one sentence, however, it took several months of planning, studying, applying, writing essays, interviewing, receiving admission and then the Visa process (which is a different story altogether).

So here I am in the United States learning what it means to be a Nigerian in the diaspora. During the past month, I've seen things that made me proud of Nigeria, and I've also seen things that make me extremely ashamed. I'll soon be blogging about the "peculiar" lives of many Nigerians in the United States, and I'll be blogging about Nigeria from the viewpoint of a foreigner.

Meanwhile, what's this I hear of our president disappearing to Saudi for 17 days? This calls for serious concern. Thank God he's back now. I sincerely hope this is the last of such mysterious trips.

So that's it guys, an update. Hope to do that more frequently henceforth. Have a nice day.

22 comments:

Naija Idol said...

1st!!!!!!!

Naija Idol said...

Welcome back. hmmm so u r in America???? where exactly r u??? anywhere in texas?????

Anonymous said...

all that within the past few months? U tried. U don't even sound burnt out. I know I would be.

So, the arrow is pointing to the Northeast. Is that where u r? If so, then welcome to the neighborhood(it's all one big hood even if u're several hours away).

how r u settling in? hope everything's working out well for u.

Unknown said...

@naija idol, thanks. It seems I'm quite far from Texas. I'm in upstate NY.
@iwalewa, yeah. I'm actually in the Northeast. Settling? I think I'll be able to settle after I survive the coming winter.

Joy Akut said...

tayos in school.
hola when u need pocket money aii? ur working aunts would be ever ready to help. lol

princekay123 said...

Hi Tayo,

Na wah o! Thank God u're back. How has it been? Good I guess.

I'm happy to hear that you're adding more to your knowledge in the States. That's impressive. Just make sure you update and feed up with enough info about your experience.

Best wishes!

Jennifer A. said...

I'll love to hear more about ur new experience in the diaspora...soon...

*wink*

ps: Hope u've been doing good...don't let the professors drive u nuts! Lol.

Rayo said...

watchin out 4 d future posts!

Anonymous said...

hey!

Chris Ogunlowo said...

Happy new... Ooops, I almost said Happy new year.

Welcome back. E don tey!

aloted said...

where r u...?? how school

come and update ooooo

Woomie O! said...

PLease update. There's a million things to blog about, right?

Anonymous said...

First time here....

Anonymous said...

Hi Tayo,

Just came across your blog courtesy of NaijaBlog - (thanks Naija Blog for the link)

My kind of read, very interesting stuff. Incidentally, I came back from the UK a few months back and I have started a diary to detail my experiences.

Judging by the few comments, it is going down well.

Why not check it out at http://babajidesalu.wordpress.com

Keep up the good work and I do not need to tell you to stay positive.

david said...

hey tayo, i couldnt figure out a way to contact you. 503-4706, that's my Roc number (its local so add 585).

Later man.

NB: how the otutu dey worry you?

t said...

what's up!
Happy new Year.

SOLOMONSYDELLE said...

happy new year. Hope all is well.

Anonymous said...

this is a good site to invest:

http://www.locustrade.com/?ref=blueshade

Nigerian Entrepreneur said...

It sure will be nice if you continue blogging on this website. I enjoy your post.

"I know say level don change, but then, you still fit they give us gist." Cheers.

Chyka said...

So when are you going to update again?

olaoluwatomi said...

hi tayo no posts on your blog bout business school and no recent post, whats up?

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!