May 5, 2007

Acceptance Speech of the President Elect

I received an e-mail on the above subject from a friend a few days ago and I've been bursting with laughter ever since. Before you read, please note that this is just a joke and that no such speech took place anywhere. Make nobody sue me o! I wonder who thought this up, and what he was thinking in his mind. Some people no get job ... he tried sha. Read on...

Sank you, sank you, my pellow Naijurians por ze goodwill messages.

I want to sank you por not boting por me as fresident of ze Pederal Refublic of Naijuria. But I received ze most imfortant botes prom Fresident Obasanjo and INEC. Zis is why I have now been declared ze winner of ze elections and ze fresident-elect of ze Pederal Refublic of Naijuria. Nagode to Obasanjo and nagode to INEC, for zia beri beri imfortant suffort.

Ze pirst task of my new gwament is to fray por feace and stability in Naijuria. I will now ask all ze depeated fresidential candidates to join me in a gwament of national unity. So I will bring back my priends like Atiku, General Babangida and Buhari into my new gwament.

I sink Atiku will be good as ze new head of ze EFCC. Fresident Obasanjo should not worry about my gwament frobing him, gaskiya, at least until apter May 29. Babangida will be ze new minister por pinance, and Buhari will be in charge of ze ministry of War Against Indiscifline.

My fipul, ze task bepore us is a great one, walahi talahi. I don't know where to start, but I want to ashuwa you zat I will act in consultation with all ze emirs and imams.

I am now going to Germany por treatment por exhaustion prom making zis sfeech. I shall be back por ze swearing in ceremony, inshallah.

One Nigeria, one Fee-Di-Fee, Fower to ze fipul.

Umaru Yar'Adua

Fresident-Elect

19 comments:

Mimi said...

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm first! Lol.

Lol..Eya, they have left Baba with his ape jokes to Yaradua......I can imagine how many good jokes will come out of this one

Fee Di Fee!!!!!!! Frogress!!! LMAO

and you, I mailed you to teach me the line crossing thing and the links as well, you ignored me. Yet you have taught others. What sort of discrimination is this??? Ehn? Its not fair o!

Unknown said...

Hey Mimi, thanks for visiting and thanks for the comment.
It's not like that o. I sent the tutorial to your e-mail address but the mail bounced with the message "This user does not have a yahoo account". There was no other way to contact you. Please send it again .. or send me a mail.

Anonymous said...

Yeye joker!! :-)

Anonymous said...

hahahahahaha.. that was hilarious.

What's going on, captain? I hope all is well.

Have a great week.

racquelle-cutie said...

i'm totally ashamed of the situation in Nigeria my only hope is that Yar'adua would not be what obasanjo expected him to be,that he would be the one that will bring obasanjo to justice and change the lives of us nigerians

thanks 4 stopping by my blog

Unknown said...

LOL!!!

Mimi said...

:) that is a big smile!

So i finally figured it all out!!! Lol,I got the Edit HTML back on my new post page by going to settings and basic and changing somethings there.Contrary to what you might believe I am not a bad IT person,LOL..SERIOUSLY!

Thanks so much for your help though!

Anonymous said...

nice blog! you should read stella damasus' blog really good too. check it out
http://stelladamasus.blogspot.com/

Mimi said...

p.s i left a tribute to u on my page. lol

Jennifer A. said...

Hi Tayooo...

Unknown said...

Thanks all for your comments
@Akin and Niyi, LOL
@Racquelle, we are waiting and we hope he'll change Nigeria.
@Mimi, thanks for the trubute ... LOL.
@Anonymous, are you Stella? Why being anonymous?
@Jaycee, Hiiiii! Long time! I know, I know, just been busy.

Ms. Catwalq said...

u guys are naughty.
who sat down to make this one now?

Linda Ikeji said...

for some reason i have confidence in this guy.Something tells me he will be good for this country.lets keep our fingers crossed

Unknown said...

@catwalq, I no know o!!!
@linda, I share your thoughts. But then, what more can we hope for? That's all the hope we have left. I hope he won't turn out like OBJ.

Anonymous said...

hey Tayo. That was hilarious. who 'stewed' that up? good read though. Hope you are doing good

Ciao

Anonymous said...

lmao that was so funny lol

Anonymous said...

lmao that was so funny lol

aloted said...

Roflol..this is so funny...ah! I hope our new president will not be giving speeches like this in real life o!!! LOL

Chris Ogunlowo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.